Thursday, November 11, 2010

Steak Roll ups

I originally saw this on a blog strictly for crockpots. I adjusted a few things, added a veggie  but overall I would have to give the credit to the crockpot blog.
2 cups cheese (I use Gorgonzola/feta)- you definitely want to use a very pungent cheese, blue etc. 
4 cups thawed broccoli
2 lbs flat steak, I used Flank.
3 cups red wine
1 cup soy sauce
6 crushed garlic cloves
3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce 


This is a really great recipe that is simple and definitely for a carnivore. I recommend marinating the meat overnight, however if you only have a few hours it will do fine.


Combine the red wine, soy sauce, Worshtershire and crushed garlic in a container for marinating, or big ziploc bag with the meat...Let  it marinate overnight in the fridge..
Take out the meat and lay it flat...do not toss the marinade...
 If you have a meat tenderizer use it at this step if you are still waiting for yours to arrive in the mail like I am, just fork the meat and create little slits with the your knife. Also cut the slab of meat into 4 strips...
The sprinkle on your cheese I also tried to stuff some cheese into the slits so when rolling it up all the cheese won't fall everywhere. It still will be a little messy but not as much if  you put the cheese into some slits.
 Then roll up the bad boys, not too tight... and toothpick through the bottom..

 Place them in the crockpot....Gently of course.
 
And now pour your marinade back over the meat..
Let cook on high for about an hour and 15 mins. When you lift the lid you will see the meat is no longer red..
 I would add in the veggies now, I used brocolli and I didn't want to add it too early on so they would brown and get too soggy, If you were adding carrots and potatoes you would definitely want to add them in the beginging.
Dump into your crockpot..
Let the brocolli cook for another 30 mins and soak up the yummy marinade, if the meat looks thoroughly cooked at this point you could turn down to low to cook the brocolli.
Then serve your yummyness.. ps take out the toothpicks..



No comments:

Post a Comment