Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Enchilada Soup!

So recently my Sundays have turned into Mexican crockpot Sundays...  This was a soup I threw together last minute before I played my FIRST 9 holes of golf ever. Alex is a great teacher and being the natural that I am, I got a PAR.

This was my victory meal later that night. literally took 13 minutes to prepare. Bring it Rachel Ray 30 min meals.

What I used (look no spices!!)

3 stalks of celery
1 zucchini
1 onion
1 green pepper
3 precooked chicken sausages
1 can black beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 24 oz can enchilada sauce
2 cups chicken stock

This recipe basically has two steps. Chop it all up. And dump it all in.


I diced my celery (not pictured), zucchini and chicken sausage. 

Before (sort of, I got antsy and started chopping)

About 25 seconds later...
I also chopped up the onions this small. Different sized veggies gave the soup some depth. For me it was mainly a vegetable soup and for Alex it was a chicken sausage/veggie enchilada soup.



Dump all of the ingredients, including your beans (strain out the can goop first) into the slow cooker.Add more broth/water as needed I cooked  it on low for about 8 hours.. 


.






This soup was really good, it was a bit spicy  (I think I got a hot version of enchilada sauce) so we added a little cheese to make it more mild. I served it was some homemade tortilla chips as well..

mmmm. VICTORY!!!

                                       

3 comments: