Friday, September 10, 2010

Shrimp in a Tomato & Feta Sauce

I had leftover pasta from Moms Marsala and no more Marsala (Alex took the rest to work for lunch) so I wanted something light and crisp. I found a recipe similar to this on a recipe blog and made adjustments according to real life circumstances aka I don't own all the spices in Harris Teeter.

What you'll need

10-15 Raw Shrimp
1 tbsp Dill ( I used dry)
Salt
Pepper
Red Pepper Flakes
1 large onion
2 (14 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes, or canned diced tomatoes
2/3 cup feta
2-3 cloves garlic
olive oil

In a pan heat olive oil and saute the onions for about 5-10 mins, adding in the chopped garlic. Once the onions are soft add in the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Simmer for about 10 mins allowing the tomato sauce to reduce a bit and absorb the flavors. Add in the tbsp of dill and taste the sauce to make sure there is enough salt and pepper. I really liked the taste of the dill with the tomato sauce I never really use dill unless its incorporating Greek yogurt so I really liked experimenting with these flavors.


Now add your butterflied shrimp simmer on low, stirring often, crumble in the feta cheese about 2 mins after adding the shrimp. 




Thats it. Dunzo. Serve on pasta. 


We both REALLY liked this. The dill and the tomato sauce was on point. For lunch Alex got the lefites with the pasta and I took a scoop of this added chicken stock so I'll be heating it up as a soup for lunch!

3 comments:

  1. i want to eat this right this second...where did this whole cooking awesome food thing come from and how do i catch that bug??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this all the time! It's one of Alex's favorites. I also add parsley too though :)

    ReplyDelete