Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pinwheel Appetizer

This is a version of one of my go-to appetizers, however this time I was working with an unusually empty fridge so  I had to just go with it....Typically I make it with cream cheese and various herbs (or alloutte cheese if I'm feeling fancy) and if feeding hungry boys I add in turkey pepperoni. However this time, I searched my fridge and all I had was 


Smoked Turkey Breast
Hot Pepper Jelly ( there is a great one local one you can buy from Whole Foods "Bigg Riggs")
1 Tube Reduced-Fat Crescent roll


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
 
Remove crescent rolls from container and unroll flat onto greased cookie sheet or fabulous baking stone (3rd picture).  Make sure the the dough is pressed firmly together at the perforated edges in order to make one solid rectangle.  Spread one layer of Hot pepper Jelly on top of the entire surface of the dough. 
Add a few slices of deli meat.    
Roll the dough lengthwise in order to make a long cylinder shaped roll.This next step I skipped bc we had no eggs, I'm not kidding when I said we had an empty fridge ... But I really think this really adds to the appeal of the pinwheel esp when serving for guests. Whisk an egg in a separate bowl and brush on top of the roll. This step gives the roll that yummy golden glow.


Using a serrated knife cut the dough into about 10 pieces,  you don't want to cut all the way through the roll just about 2/3 of the way through.


Bake for 10-15 minutes or until Crescent Roll is browned and looks delish.  Remove roll from oven and let it cool for 5 min. And EAT!

2 comments:

  1. diggin the bar pan ;) season that baby up

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i was just goin to comment - that pan looks like Pampered Chef! You must be a consultant!

    ReplyDelete