Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Big Fat Greek Nachos

So it was another Monday night following yet another out of control I think I'm 18 again weekend. So another Hangover meal Monday. This is just the appetizer for the meal and it was so delicious I couldn't.stop.eating.

Greek Salsa:
1/2 lb pitted gourmet seasoned olives (the kind from the bar at wholefoods)
Grape tomatoes
1 cucumber
1 cup spinach (optional)


Tzatziki -cheese sauce
2 cups Greek yogrut
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1 tbsp dill (or to taste)
salt and pepper
3/4 cup feta cheese
2 Cloves garlic, 1tsp diced garlic

1 Chicken Breast (optional)
Greek Seasoning

Homemade or Store bought chips (Pita chips would be perfect too)

To make the salsa, chop up your olives (this is why you really want pre pitted), grape tomatoes & spinach into a bowl. I like to use my salad choppers bc they make me feel like Edward Scissor hands and I can chop up a bowl of salsa in about 4 mins and not make a mess... For the cucumber, dice up on a separate cutting board allowing for some of the water from the cucumber to stay behind... I didn't add spices bc the gourmet olives I bought already had their own spices/marinade so I was off the hook.  Well I did add garlic just because.




For the Tzatziki, mix all the ingredients together add a little oil if you want to make it a little thinner and crumble in the feta in and set aside.

Oh yea while all of this is going on, bake a heavily seasoned chicken breast in the oven for about 15 minutes. I like to use Greek seasoning, goes with the theme.duh. Once that is fully cooked, chop it up. So easy and clean I l.o.v.e.

Now assemble the nachos. I made homemade chips and  they were already semi-warm so my cook time was a little less than lame bagged chips would be... I dolloped the Tzatziki cheese sauce on the chips and spread the chopped chicken. Bake on 350 for a little less than 10 mins or really till the 'cheese' is heated thoroughly, bc it won't melt like typical shredded cheese. 

 Remove from the oven and top with your fresh Greek Salsa  and  FEAST


3 comments:

  1. i noticed you have a pampered chef salad chopper pictured in your recipe- i will soon be the proud owner of one as well...thanks to your boss!

    ReplyDelete