Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Salad Bar Pasta Salad

You know what I really like about a salad bar? I can get a little of everything, I want some spinach, I want some beans, but I also need some pasta to fill me up..its an indecisive persons dream lunch. So this was my inspiration behind dinner last night.


Ingredients:
Spinach (as little or as much as you prefer)
1 box whole wheat rotini ( would've loved to use tri-color but this is what we had)
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 can olives
a little feta (or whatever you have)
1 can garbanzo beans (aka Chick peas)
Basil+Oregano+crushed red pepper
2 cloves of garlic, or a tablespoon chopped
2 Zucchinis
olive oil. duh.


This is a quick meal with very few dishes...

Get the pasta boiling, meanwhile, chop up the sun dried tomatoes, olives, garlic, zucchini. Once the pasta is boiled, drain it and just leave it in the drainer... use the pasta pot to saute your zucchini... add in the garlic, olive oil and zucchini and saute to your liking, I don't over saute bc I like a little crunch however, you can cook them however you would like. I like to add some spices while sauteing the zucchini, oregano, basil and crushed red pepper.

Once the zucchini is complete, turn off the burner, remove the pot from the burner and add in the pasta a little olive oil and the remaining ingredients(make sure to drain the water from the beans). Mix it all up and place it in the fridge (you can serve this hot or cold, I like it cold)
Serve on a bed of fresh spinach and enjoy that this isn't $6.99 a lb like the Whole Foods salad bar!!!

1 comment:

  1. after stealing your leftovers...i'm sold! can't wait to make this!!!!

    ReplyDelete