Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cornbread Croutons

I'm not a huge Paula Dean fan, however I was watching an episode where she mixed these cornbread croutons with some dish filled with mayo and butter. So needless to say I like the idea of cornbread croutons and ignored the remainder of the show.

I really like this old school looking brand of Cornbread its about $2, it says you need milk, I never listen to that and just substitute water in and it tastes just as yummy.


Mix the batter per the directions (or don't use milk like me). I added in about two table spoons of marinated peppers. This added some heat, in fact, a lot of heat. You could just as easily do 2 tablespoons of cheese, or fresh corn, or nothing at all. I was just experimenting.



Next oil your baking dish (this is 8X8) and spread in cornbread mixture. Preheat the oven to 400..

Bake for 20 mins or till golden brown.

Cut up into little cube size pieces...

 Gently remove and place on cookie sheet/stone, whatever.

Bake for another 15-20 mins. About halfway through move them around to get all four sides nice and crispy!


Add to soups, salads, pop a few in your mouth like tic tacs, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment