Friday, October 8, 2010

Stuffed Pork Loin

Well even though the Quinoa was enough protein for me, Alex was coming back in town finally so I knew a meat-less meal would be just plain evil. I took the 1/2 cup leftover spinach dip and a handful of mushrooms to stuff a pork loin.

If you don't have leftover spinach dip you could just as easily use a handful of fresh spinach and cheese of your choice. This is a really simple thing to make and looks/tastes like you worked all day on it.

Take your pork loin, and cut it in half almost all the way (similar to a french baguette)
before
after
Salt and pepper the meet then spread your filling and add whatever other veggies you want, I added more mushrooms....

Be sure not to over stuff because you will have to fold the other half of the pork back over. Alot of times when folding back over I use the long side of the knife to hold the stuffing in place as I fold. Once folded over secure with a handful of toothpicks...
Bake on 350 for about 20-25 mins

Serve with a side of risotto quinoa :)

1 comment:

  1. yummm that looks sooo good!!! and i have that exact same box of TJs quinoa in my pantry that kevin knocked over and spilled EVERYWHERE inide the pantry the other night... daggerrrrr to clean up!

    ReplyDelete