Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

Its officially fall and at my last trip to Trader Joes I got a can of Organic Pumpkin and put it in the cart. At the time my mom asked me what I was going to do with it and I responded that I had no clue. Well this morning (yes friday morning before work) I wanted to kick-off Alex's bday weekend bc I am the bomb.com girlfriend I made pumpkin pancakes.

3/4 can of Organic Pumpkin (not the pie filling with tons of sugar/additives)
2 cups Pancake batter
1 1/3 Cup water
1 Tbsp sweet cinnamon sprinkle



I always use the fiber one pancake mix bc the only other ingredient I need is water and I always have that. Plus it says Fiber one on the box so the marketing works on me. I follow the directions on the box for 7-12 pancakes (these are small pancakes) and just basically add pumpkin in. Next time I would prob even add the entire can of pumpkin.

So add the pumpkin as you deem necessary and just taste the batter to make sure it is what you want. I also added 1 tbsp of a cinnamon/sugar blend that I have from pampered chef.  You could do your own mix of cinnamon and sugar if you don't have this. This adds a hint of sweetness that is just enough even if you don't want to add syrup when they are done.

The trick to get the perfect pancake is to only flip the pancakes once there are air bubbles..

Then do this over and over again, and Serve warm with some berries/bananas whatever you have.


Yes, I am the best GF. Thank you. goodbye.


No comments:

Post a Comment