Friday, October 15, 2010

Spinach Lasagna Rolls Ups Part 2 of Calzone ingredients

I had A LOT of meat sauce and veggie filling left over from the calzones from Friday. Early the next week I made Spinach Lasagna roll ups. There are a bit more labor intensive than things I typically make however because I already had the fillings ready to go it wasn't too bad.

Ingredients: Veggie Filling & Meat Sauce from Part 1

One box of Whole Wheat Lasagna

You want to prepare the assembling station.. Veggie Filling, meat sauce and empty casserole dish to the right.
Add about 1 cup or 2 of the meat sauce to the bottom of your empty casserole dish .

Next, boil your lasagna about 5 pieces at a time. This helps with the timing when assembling. I add plenty of salt to my boiling water and drop in my lasagna.. You want a really deep pot bc it makes it easier and the lasagna pasta doesn't curl up. If you don't have one, just do less pasta at a time.
Boil pasta for about 7 mins then gently remove with tongs onto a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb excess water. Add about 2-3 tablespoons of veggie filling and spread over cooked pasta.
Gently roll up, not to tight or else you will break the pasta. It doesn't have to be perfect. Then place upright into casserole dish... It looks so fancy and fabulous
The minute I take all the pasta out I drop another 5 pieces into the pot and begin to assemble the cooked pasta pieces.

Do this again...
And again...like a factory line..
Now pour your meat sauce ALLLLL over this yummyness. In between the rolls etc..

Bake on 425 for about 30 mins.

Then EAT!!! I had to add both pictures because  I couldn't decide which one looked more delicious.




3 comments:

  1. that looks unbelievable...when i start cooking this will be one of the first things i make wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing ... I really think you should get you own show on the Food Network! I'm totally serious.

    ReplyDelete