Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hot & Cold, Sweet & Spicy

I was craving Chinese food sans the MSG and I have had a cold the past few days so I really wanted something to clear up my sinus congestion, so I knew I needed something spicy.

For the Hot & Spicy

1 Chicken breast
1 onion
4 carrots
2 cups green beans (ends cut off)
3 cups broccoli (I thawed frozen broccoli)
1/2 bag shelled edamame (frozen veggie section)
Stir fry or Teryiaki sauce
Sriracha sauce (hot sauce)

For the Sweet & Cold

Sobu buckwheat noodles (used them in this post)

Dressing ingredients:
Rice vinegar
1/4 tsp Ground or fresh ginger
2 tsp Sugar
Soy Sauce
Vegetable oil
1 clove garlic-crushed

First you want to get together your 'cold' part of the meal. Boil your buckwheat noodles according to the directions, typically 5-7 minutes, Strain in a colander  and pour cold water over the pasta in the colander to cool it down, set aside while you make the dressing.  One of my first pampered chef products was a gift from our close family friend Carrie. I would always tell her how much I loved her dressings and apparently this contraption held all her dressing secrets in one place :)  I was in love. As a housewarming present she got this for me. There is an Asian dressing on there that is better than any Asian dressing I've bought/tried etc.  Anyway..... Per the directions on the container I made the dressing...
There are very few actual measurements written on the container so I have a hard time translating the liquids in the recipe if you don't have one of these bad boys. I highly recommend one, the Caesar dressing is the bomb.com which I'll be making Friday night!


Measure


Mix

Pour
 Add the noodles to your serving dish, then Pour the dressing over the noodles, Mix well. And place in the fridge.




Once this is in the fridge I was onto the stir-fry.







Chop up you veggies however you like.


I really wanted crinkle carrots so I brought out the mandolin.






Shelled Edamame:




Once all the veggies are in the pan, Top with your Stir fry and sriracha sauce and cook and medium high for about 7mins.


Once the veggies are semi-cooked add in your diced chicken breast
Cook the chicken till it is fully cooked, about 12 mins on medium high heat.  Once the stir fry is done your noodles should be chillin out in the fridge. Serve noodles with stir fry on top. I also added some dressing to lettuce for a side asian salad as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment