Monday, October 4, 2010

Spinach & Mushroom Cups/Dip

One of my favorite things is Spinach. I'm always drawn to the Spinach dips at restaurants but hesitate to order bc of how fat it tends to be. So I decided to do my version of the dip and I adapted it to Karen's artichoke cups and it was the bomb.com .


4 cups fresh spinach (or two cups very tightly packed)
2 cups plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon Mayo
1/4 cup Parmesean cheese
1/4 cup Gorgonzola Cheese
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 cup chopped mushrooms
Salt and Pepper
24 Wonton wrappers


The first thing I did was chop my veggies.  I chopped up the spinach with my salad choppers..






Then finely chopped the mushrooms . I had bought pre-sliced mushrooms but I still wanted them smaller.




Then combine the Spinach, mushrooms and all the remaining ingredients






I spooned a little bit into each wonton wrapper. As Karen mentioned in her post its best to let the wonton wrappers sit out for a bit, it makes it easier to push them down into the mini muffin pan without tearing the dough.








Bake on 350 for about 16 mins.




You could also just bake the dip on its own topped with additional cheese. I had leftover filling which I will be using for my stuffed pork loin later this week!

** I have made these a few times since my initial post, I recommend putting the wonton wrappers into the mini muffin pan, brushing a bit of olive oil over the ends hanging out, bake on 350 (with no filling) for about 6 minutes, then take them out, spoon in your filling and bake for another 8 mins.

1 comment: