Friday, October 29, 2010

Ballpark food Part 2: Pittsburgh Fries

This past weekend we were in Pittsburgh and to celebrate the UPitt win, we went to the fattest restaurant in southside. One very appealing and delicious fat dish caught my eye, the fries covered in buffalo sauce, topped with a little Parmesan cheese and served with blue cheese dressing. OMFG.

So In order to celebrate Game 2 of the World Series and cheer on my boy Torres on the Giants, I recreated this to accompany our burgers...

3 Sweet potatoes
1/2 cup red hot
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

"blue cheese" dipping sauce..

3/4 cup Blue cheese (I had Gorgonzola, just as fat and just as good)
2 cups Greek yogurt
1/4 packet of ranch dressing packet (yea I cheated)
1 tbsp mayo (yea CHEESE AND MAYO in one post)

For the blue cheese dressing:
Mix in all ingredients except cheese, whisk well then add in the cheese and mix a little more
I also cut up celery to the go with the blue cheese and it was thebomb.com.

I've blogged about sweet potato friesto in a previous post, so I will keep it short. Wash the potatoes really well, slice them into steak fries size, spread on to cookie sheet and drizzle very lightly with olive oil. Bake on 425 for about 30 mins.

Once they are out, pile onto a plate.


 Lightly heat up your buffalo sauce in the microwave and drizzle allll over the fries. Lightly sprinkle some parmesean cheese on top and serve. Ignore the steam rising from the pile of goodness on the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment